|image from celebration.fl.us|
Besides walking around and taking in all the sights, there are other things to do in Celebration:
- Town Center! There are events at the Town Center throughout the year. Things to do such as: concerts, movies, art shows, car shows, parades and more.
- Eat! There are several fast food, sit down and ice cream/ dessert places in Celebration. You can also shop at Publix grocery store.
- Shop! There are shops and boutiques for everyone in the family- including the dog!
- Golf! Spend an afternoon enjoying the outdoors golfing in Celebration.
- Worship! See if the church of your choice has worship services on Sunday or Wednesday you can attend.
Here is a bit of history behind the city of Celebration from Bardell Real Estate:
Celebration was founded in 1994, it’s a master planned community south of Orlando near Walt Disney World in central Florida and provides a unique environment. Celebration is a community built on a foundation of cornerstones: Community, Education, Health, Technology, and a Sense of Place. Zoned for permanent residents (no short term rental), Celebration was developed by The Walt Disney Company.
Named America's 2007 Dream Town, Celebration is connected directly to the Walt Disney World parks and resorts by World Drive; the north end of World Drive begins near the Magic Kingdom and its south end connects to Celebration Boulevard, allowing residents and guests to drive to Disney property without having to use any busy highways.
Celebration was intended to fulfill Walt Disney's original vision for EPCOT as an experimental location where people could live. Instead of using Disney's vision for EPCOT which was based on modernism and futurism, the town uses the concept of "New Urbanism" to emphasize parks, sidewalks, and a mix of residential and commercial space.
The bank, the post office, the town hall, the movie theater, and other downtown buildings were designed by renowned architects. The majority of homes are within one mile of the downtown area. Segway scooters and small electric cars called "NEVs" ("Neighborhood Electric Vehicle") are common.
Community events are held downtown throughout the year; for example, during the Christmas season it "snows" on Market Street (bubbly foam blown from machines on the lampposts).
The community has 7 different denominations churches. There is also a hospital (Celebration Health) and a fire station in Celebration. An eighteen-hole golf course winds through the town.
The philosophy behind the town is that it is to be a friendly, neighborly place, drawing its design and its sensibility from such places as Savannah, Georgia, Nantucket, Massachusetts, and Charleston, South Carolina.