- I wish I had kept my head in the game more. By that, I mean I wish I had been more present during our trip. I had my camera out almost the entire time and I took hundreds of photos. I continuously said or thought "That would be a great blog post!" I was looking at our trip through the eyes of a blogger too much. Don't get me wrong, I had a blast and got tons of great pictures of my kids, but I think I got too many of the other stuff and not enough of our experiences.
- I wish I had ordered the ice cream at Beaches & Cream! I was stuffed after our meal and decided agains the dessert. Gluttony is a bad thing, but I wish I had been a glutton that night!
- I wish I had made Cman take a picture at the Magic Kingdom in his ears! I tried to get him to wear them in the parks, but he refused- complete with screams and tears! He would only wear them in the hotel room. In hindsight, I should have just snapped a photo in the room! I didn't even get a picture of him in his ears...
- I wish we had had more time. I think I said it before- 4 days in the parks is not enough time. We decided you need at least 6 days to really get it all in. When we go with out kids, 4 days will be enough. But, with kids, you need 6 days so you can slow down, take naps and relax more without being so rushed.
- I wish we had been able to see the lights at the Fort Wilderness Camp Sites. I've seen photos on line and would love to see them in person! See "I wish" #4...
- I wish we had visited Santa on our trip. We "saw" him on Main Street and at Downtown Disney, but the lines were so long. Again, see #4...
- I wish we had been able to see the Flag Retreat at the Magic Kingdom. On both days we visited MK we were at the resort relaxing during the retreat time. Thank goodness for "next time!"
- I wish we had visited Fantasyland during the daytime. On our first day we went to all the other lands and saved Fantasyland for MVMCP on Friday night. When we were riding Dumbo, I could see over the wall to the expansion area. If it had been daylight, I could have seen more of the progress! I also could have gotten some very cute pictures of Cman in Fantasyland during the daylight (See #1)!
- I wish we had met more characters. By the time Cman warmed up to them, it was time to head home... #4.
- I wish we had done Nemo and Turtle Talk with Crush at Epcot. Cman would have liked it. Instead we did Test Track and walked the World Showcase. #4...
- I wish we had stuck it out and watched the Illuminations show at Epcot. I believe there was a holiday twist to it. We were all tired and ready to go to bed, plus we had seen Illuminations many times before. It was after our trip when I read there was a holiday twist to it. Still don't know if that was really true or not.
- I wish we hadn't eaten at Rose and Crown.
- I wish we had had more time at Animal Kingdom. I wish we had seen the Jingle Jungle parade and visited Conservation Station. Again, Cman would have loved the animals there! But, I had to get back to the resort for my conference stuff. I have to remind myself that that's the reason we were there!!
- I wish we had been able to ride the Characters in Flight balloon at DTD. #4.
- I wish we rode the train. This as a complete oversight on my part. I know Cman would have loved it, but I totally forgot. We were planning to ride it and decided to go back to the room to rest on the first day. Then at the MVMCP I forgot. :(
- I wish I had taken more video. See #1.
Tuesday, January 18, 2011
During our most recent trip to Walt Disney World in December, I wish I had done some, well, many things differently.