As some of you know from a conversation we had on my blog's Facebook page, our youth department at church held a silent auction this past Sunday to raise money for our upcoming mission trips to Costa Rica and East Tennessee. I don't have any talents or skills I could offer: artwork, baking, designing, flower arranging, plumbing, tennis lessons, etc. What I do have to offer is a love of Walt Disney World! So, I made a Vacation Basket for the congregation to bid on! Overall it turned out pretty cute. On each item I added a sticky label with a tip or bit of info. Here is a list of the items and the tip, if one was included:
- Plush Mickey Mouse
- A bright ribbon~ tie it on your stroller handle to identify your stroller in the sea of strollers outside attractions.
- A cheap poncho~ To save money, buy cheap ponchos before the trip instead of spending $10 on a WDW one. These were 88c at Wal Mart.
- A bottle of water~ Even during non summer months, it can get pretty hot in Orlando. Stay hydrated!
- A pack of gum~ You can't buy gum on Disney property, so if you want it, bring it from home!
- A light up Mickey Mouse Clubhouse toy~ The glow in the dark toys at WDW can be pricey. Bring glow sticks or cheap glow toys from home to save cash.
- Sunscreen~ Even in the dead of winter the sun is still bright at Walt Disney World. Keep your family protected with sunscreen.
- A bag of Disney "goodies"~ It's easy to get sucked into buying all the Disney items at the end of each attraction! Save money by buying inexpensive goodies at home: Target, Wal Mart, drugstores and party stores.
- Birnbaum's Guide to WDW
- Fodor's Dining Guide~ Compliments of Carey at Sterling Travel.
- Encyclopedia of Animated Characters~ Instead of using a traditional autograph book, have the characters sign on their own page!
- WDW Vacation guide~ Compliments of Carey at Sterling Travel.
- Links to order the free customized maps and DVD from Disney
- A link to my blog for more tips and tricks!
I wanted to include a gift card too, but it started getting more expensive than I wanted, so I opted out of the gift card! Thanks to all my facebook friends who offered suggestions on what to include!! :)
What did I leave out that should have been included?? If I ever do this again, there's always room for improvement!