Disney Grad Nites were held for the final time at Walt Disney World April 29-30 and May 6-7. This was a closed party for High School Seniors at the Magic Kingdom. The party was from 10pm-4am on the select nights. Graduates could enjoy their favorite attractions along with dance parties and entertainment throughout the park.
While I never attended a Grad Nite, I think it's a great idea! When I graduated I went on a short trip with only one other friend. Disney Grad Nite would have been perfect because we would have been able to be at the park with other Seniors and could have met people from all over the country. Individuals, small groups or large groups could enjoy Grad Nite. As I read more about the new Disney Senior Class Trip (see below), it seems like you can only really benefit from it if you are with a large group. And it's only your high school group- you wouldn't have a chance to meet other senior classes...
Since Grad Nights have been cancelled, Walt Disney World is now offering Disney Senior Class Trip. Here are the details from the web site: http://www.disneyseniorclasstrip.com
So seniors you've spent years working hard in school and you're finally graduating. But before you graduate you and your classmates deserve a senior class trip like no other!
Disney Senior Class Trip is a once-in-a-lifetime experience where you and your friends get to create one final high school memory. After all these years of hard work, you've finally made it to your senior year. Before saying goodbye to all of your friends, it's time to create a high school memory at a place where we know how to celebrate life's special moments.
Organizing a trip to the Disney Parks for your SENIOR CLASS celebration is the best way to magnify this special moment that only happens once in a lifetime. Disney Senior Class Trip takes your senior class trip to a whole new level at a magical place made for celebrating. Senior classes or senior groups can purchase specially priced theme park tickets and enjoy Walt Disney World parks in Florida anytime throughout the year. We even have special event add-ons to make you your senior trip extra special!
Seniors... it's time to celebrate with Disney Senior Class Trip!
Enhancements to your Senior Class Trip
"Early-On" Experience in a Disney park
• Choose your park — Animal Kingdom, Epcot®, or Disney's Hollywood Studios®
• With Youth Group ticketed admission, seniors will get to experience a select attraction at park opening as the rest of the Guests are entering the park for the day.
• Depending on park hours, breakfast is 1 hour prior to park opening before the attraction experience or 1 hour at park opening after the attraction experience.
• Attraction selection may vary based on group size and date availability.
• Menu choices are varied.
IllumiNations Dessert Party at Epcot®
• Dessert Party with exclusive use of a venue located along the lagoon.
• Venues provide a wonderful view of IllumiNations reserved just for your senior class!
• Basic dessert menu would include: Cookies, Brownies, Ice Cream Novelties. Upgrades available.
Fantasmic Patio Reception at Disney's Hollywood Studios®
• Bypass the queue to your reserved patio location.
• Select from varied dinner or dessert party menus.
• Enjoy the Fantasmic extravaganza from a secluded venue.
Signature Events to your Senior Class Trip
Villain Party - "Club Evil"
• Private party themed with Disney Villains includes:
• Themed buffet menu with "Villain" beverages
• Lighting, music and décor to enhance the atmosphere
• Lots of unique custom options
Themed Dance Party
• Exclusive use of a Private Venue including Event Hosts/Greeters
• Food & Beverage would include an Italian based menu with a cake
• DJ, Club Lighting, & Haze
• Confetti Finale
• Characters may be included
• Private, after hours event for groups beginning at 200 people at Disney's Animal Kingdom Includes:
• Dinner Buffet for 1.5 hours
• Beverage Service throughout the event
• Theme Park Dance Party
• Attractions: number of attractions based on group size
What do you think about the new Senior Class Trip option at WDW? Do you like it better than Grad Nite?