Have you ever traveled to Walt Disney World on your birthday or another family member's birthday? It's actually been years, 21 years to the day to be exact, since I was at WDW on my birthday. At that point, I had no idea there were "perks" to celebrating your birthday at the parks! Some "perks" are free and some are not, but here are a few ideas to help make your special day that much more special!
2. When you call to make your hotel and dining reservations, let Disney know you will be celebrating a birthday. The restaurants and your resort may do something special for your day! (On our anniversary, we got special desserts at the restaurants.)
3. Order a birthday cake to be delivered to your table at a restaurant on property. Call (407) 827-2253 48-hours before the special meal to make arrangements.
4. Make reservations (180 days in advance) at the birthday persons favorite restaurant on property- don't forget #2!!
5. Decorate your hotel room while the birthday guest is sleeping or taking a shower! Or for a price, you have have decorations sent to your room from Disney Florist! Call 407-939-4438 for prices and learn more about the packages at Disney Florist.
6. Book a "Pirate and Pals Fireworks Voyage" on the birthday night. Prices are $54 for adults and $31 for children; for more info visit Pirate and Pals Fireworks Voyage.
7. Make plans to have your princess made over at Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique or your pirate made over at The Pirate's League.
8. Buy a birthday hat at any of the souvenir shops on Disney Property and have the birthday guest wear it all day!
9. Plan a private birthday party at Goofy's Candy Co in Downtown Disney!
10. Let the birthday guest choose the activities for the day.
11. Buy a special birthday pin or souvenir for the birthday guest!
For additional ideas on celebrating a birthday, visit the Walt Disney World web site!
What do you like to do to celebrate birthdays at Walt Disney World?