Welcome to those of you joining me from Disney Living and those of you just hopping aboard. I am the 4th stop on our Magical Blogorail.
This month we are sharing ways we keep Disney Magic Alive at Home. This is such a fun topic! There are so many ways we keep the magic alive between our Disney vacations. We aren't able to go to Walt Disney World as often as my middle son and I would like to, so we have to find creative ways
to keep the magic going between trips. Here are five ways we are able to do that:
1. Watch Disney Movies or Disney Junior. We do this on a very (probably too much) regular basis. Each time a commercial comes on Disney Junior that shows any character or part of a park my son says, "Hey! We saw him/ did that at Disney World!"
2. Look at past vacation photos. I'm not a scrapbooker, but I do have our past three trips photos in a Disney themed photo album. We often look at these pictures and my son tells me about the pictures: who is in it, what we were doing and what he likes about it. This not only keeps the magic alive, but it helps him with story telling and recalling past information.
3. Disney parties! We don't do this as much as I'd like, but we have celebrated several characters in the past- most being part of a virtual party with my Blogorail friends! We've had a Rapunzel party with Tiana, Mickey party, Minnie party and C-man's 3rd birthday was Jake and the Neverland Pirates! We are already talking about the 4th birthday... will it be Woody or Buzz?!
4. Talk about future trips. C-man is already talking about when we take Big E to Walt Disney World for the first time. While it will probably be well over a year away, we're already talking about it. C-man talks about the characters he wants Big E to meet and the rides they will ride together. I, on the other hand, are talking to daddy about how many Chase Visa points we'll have by that time and which resort we'll stay in! I am also already talking about which restaurants and snacks I want to try for the first time.
5. Add to the bucket list. This is the best way I keep the magic alive. I read magazines, books, blogs and web sites to see what is new that I haven't tried yet! My list continues to grow with resorts to stay in, restaurants to try, new attractions to experience and characters to meet. There are parties to attend, races to run, shops to shop in and off the beaten paths to walk down. There are sports to play, waves to surf, courses to put and boats to ride. The list of things to do at Walt Disney World seems to be endless which means my bucket list will continue to grow and my need for Disney will never end!
Thank you for joining me today. Your next stop on the Magical Blogorail Loop is Walt Disney World: Not Just for Kids.
Here is the map of our Magical Blogorail should you happen to have to make a stop along the way and want to reboard:
1st Stop ~ Your Highway in the Sky
2nd Stop ~ The Disney Point
3rd Stop ~ Disney Living
4th Stop ~ A Disney Mom’s Thoughts
Final Stop ~ Walt Disney World: Not Just for Kids