Souvenirs. It's almost impossible for me to travel to Walt Disney World and not get a souvenir for myself, my boys, my friends, my husband or the grandparents. We could save a lot of money if we never went into a gift shop... But, so many rides exit in gift shops now, it's impossible to not enter one, so you might as well browse and buy!
Here are my must have souvenirs on my Disney trips:
- Clothing. This comes in the form of a sweatshirt or a t-shirt. Every trip!
- Christmas Ornament. There are 2 shops I have to visit each trip- Ye Olde Christmas Shoppe in Liberty Square and Disney's Days of Christmas at Downtown Disney. I have to buy a Christmas ornament for our tree and it has to come from one of these stores. I always write the date of our trip on the bottom of the ornament.
- Pins. I said I wouldn't get into pin collecting, but I was wrong. I don't buy pins to buy pins, but I do try to get one pin during each trip that commemorates something special about that trip- a holiday, an event, a resort, a first time something, etc. My favorites are the Run Disney events I've participated in and the Special Events: MNSSHP and MVMCP.
- Magnets. We have more magnets than we need, but we still get a new one on most trips. Our favorite magnets are the ones that are clips to hold papers!
- Pressed Pennies. Cheap. Fun. Unique. I love the pressed or squished penny machines throughout WDW. I tried to keep up with which ones I had, but it became impossible. So, the collection grows.
- Toys- mostly characters. These are not for me, surprisingly! My boys, all of them, love characters. It doesn't matter what form they come in: stuffed, glass, plastic, big, small, squishy, hard. As long as it's a Disney character, they are fine with it!
- Postcards. We always pick up several postcards to mail back home to friends and family. We try to write them while we are in The Magic Kingdom so we can get it postmarked at Guest Services with the Main Street USA stamp! That makes this souvenir extra special.
What souvenirs do you have to have on your trips?