Last month when I received my American Tourister Colora suitcase I was so excited! I had recently donated my former luggage because on my last flight, it was ripped, a wheel fell off and the handle broke. No, it wasn't American Tourister!! Growing up, I remember using Samsonite and American Tourister. We never had these issues while traveling. I'm hoping my new Colora luggage will be just as durable as it was 25+ years ago!
After spending some time unzipping, spinning and exploring my new luggage I couldn't wait to see exactly what all I could pack in it. I immediately told my 4 year old we were going to pack for a pretend trip to Walt Disney World just to see how much I could fit into this bag. I was amazed to find that I could pack all my clothing, shoes and toiletries for a 7 day trip to Disney!
Other features I love about my new American Tourister Colora bag:
- The four rolling dual spinner wheels. This feature made it super easy to wheel the bag behind or beside me or push it ahead of me. My 4 year old was even able to wheel this bag around easily.
- The zipper compartments. I'm a sucker for compartments to help organize my stuff! There are 2 outside pockets (one large and one smaller) to hold items or documents that you need to easily access. Snapped to the inside is a small clear bag that is perfect for toiletries you don't want leaking on your clothing or a wet swim suit.
- The handles. There are top and side handles that allow you to grab it with ease and comfort. In addition to carrying the luggage by the handles, the retractable handle makes it very easy to maneuver. This handle locks in place in the fully extended position or the stored position.
- It's carry on sized! We decided several trips ago we would never check luggage again. This bag (20.0" x 14.5" x 8.5") weighs only 8 pounds and is designed to fit in most airline overhead compartments. However, it may not conform to some airlines carry-on standards.
- It has a 10 year warranty! WOW! Enough said.
- The color. If I do ever need to check this luggage at the airport, it will be easy to spot on the carrousel. And, being a bright lime green color means my husband will not want to carry it! It's ALL MINE! That's the only negative thing I found about this luggage. I don't know many men who would want to carry lime green, raspberry or orange luggage. This Colora line seems to be marketed more to children, teen girls and women.