Did you know you can splash around in the splash pads at Walt Disney World for FREE? (some pads require the purchase of a park ticket!)
What is a splash pad? It's a place where kids can run around on a soft, squishy surface that usually has water squirting out of it. There are drains in the ground so it's constantly draining. There may be water squirting from higher sources coming down on the kids as well.
|Art of Animation Splash Pad|
Almost all of the resorts now have some sort of child's splash pad area near the main pool. Above is the newest resort, Art of Animation, and the Nemo themed splash pad.
At the Magic Kingdom, you can splash around in the Casey Jr. Splash N Soak Station in the New Fantasyland.
At Epcot, you can splash outside Innoventions or Mission: SPACE.
Other splash pads are located at Downtown Disney.
- If your kids plan in these splash pads, they WILL get wet!
- Bring a change of clothes and a towel into the parks if you think your child will be playing.
- Consider a pair of crocks, flip flops or water proof shoes to play in. For safety, they don't need to play barefoot and you don't want the kids walking around in wet shoes.
- Consider packing a bathing suit to change into for the splash pads instead of clothes. Then put your clothes back on after you dry off.
- Don't forget sunscreen while playing in the splash pads and replenish fluids by drinking lots of water!