The Main Street Vehicles opened at Walt Disney World on opening day, October 1, 1971. They can be seen traveling up and down Main Street USA from Town Square to the central Plaza in front of Cinderella Castle. Depending on crowds, the ride should take 3-5 minutes. The vehicles run during the day (not during parades) and during off peak times. However, the photos and video below were from the middle of July in 2012. The vehicles you can ride in are:
- Horse-Drawn Street Car, an old-fashioned trolley pulled by a horse
- Jitney, an early automobile without a roof
- Fire Engine, a replica of the very first fire trucks
- Omnibus, a gas-powered, open-air 2-story bus
Tips for the Main Street Vehicles:
- The vehicles are not wheelchair accessible. Wheelchair users must transfer out of their chair to ride.
- There is room for a folded chair or stroller.
- These vehicles are fun for the whole family to enjoy a nostalgic ride down Main Street.
- If you are in a hurry and crowds are heavy, you may want to walk down Main Street, instead of ride!