Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Atlanta Braves Spring Training at Walt Disney World

Our family loves Baseball!  One day, we hope to make it to Walt Disney World for  an Atlanta Braves Spring Training baseball game at Disney’s ESPN Wide World of Sports.  This would combine two of our favorite things- Disney AND baseball!  This would make my middle son's trip complete! The only thing that would make it better would be for the Red Sox to train at Walt Disney World!
image from Disney Parks Blog
Spring Training starts next week, on February 26! The Braves will kick off their 17th season of training at WDW against the Tigers. If your family is planning a trip to Walt Disney World in the next few weeks, and you love baseball, I would suggest planning an afternoon (or occasional evening) to catch a baseball game at the ESPN Wide World of Sports. Below, you will find the details about the games and the venue from the ESPN Wide World of Sports web site.

Here is the Braves schedule for 2014:

• Lower Reserved $39-$52
  • Upper Reserved $27-$39
  • Bleacher Reserved $27-$39
  • 3rd Base Lawn General Admission $19-$24
  • Pennant Berm General Admission $12-$17
General Rules/ Items NOT Allowed:
no outside food or drinks
no coolers
no containers
no umbrellas
no lawn chairs
no banners
no flags
no weapons

NOTE: ALL bags will be inspected prior to entering the park.

Smoking Policy
Smoking not allowed in seats or concourse area. Smoking is only allowed in designated smoking areas.

Children
All ages are welcome. Ages 0-2 admitted free on ticket holder’s lap (no ticket required). A ticket is required for all children 3 and older.

Box Office Hours
Monday-Saturday: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Sunday: 11:00 am – 3:00 pm

Will Call
Located at Guest Services (left-hand side of the main entrance). Opens 2 hour prior to the game. Customer must present the actual credit card used for the purchase, a photo ID and Ticketmaster order number in order to receive tickets.

Directions
From I-4 East & West: Take exit 65 (Osceola Parkway West); take a left into ESPN Wide World of Sports® at Victory Way and follow signs.

Parking
General parking is complimentary. Valet parking will be available for $20.

17 comments:

1. Great info thanks! Now my hubby wants to go see the Mets!

ReplyDelete
  2. Great post. I saw Spring training once with my son in Tampa and we had a great time! Haven't been to ESPN. That's on our to do list!

ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's on my list too!! I'd love to go to any Spring Training game! Who did you see play?

3. I so want to do this someday - I love the Braves and Disney. The only thing missing is our Auburn Tigers!!

ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. agree!! Maybe we can arrange a practice game between Auburn and the Braves! ;)

4. This is a great addition to your trip, there is so much to do outside the parks that many don't know about. Thanks for listing the schedule!

ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I told my husband we could go for a week, not have enough time to do it all and never go in the parks!!

5. As big Red Sox fans ourselves, we would love to see the Red Sox train in Disney! :-)

ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be awesome... however with the new JetBlue Park, I doubt they'll ever move to Disney! :(

6. Thanks for the schedule. I just realized that we will be at WDW the weekend the Mets play the Braves.James would love that!

ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it!!! What a fun, unique experience! And you can see Disney do something new! Let me know if you decide to go! I'd love to hear about it.

7. How I wish the Rangers played a game at WWoS!

ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet there are fans everywhere that wish that! Maybe the Braves will play the Rangers there one day! :)

8. Thanks for the info! Hmmm. Maybe DH would like that.

ReplyDelete
  9. This would be a great reason to go check out Wide World of Sports. My boys love going back home and watching the minor league players. I imagine this would be a similar feel.

ReplyDelete
  10. I would love to go to this event, Spring Training looks like so much fun ;-)

ReplyDelete