Rock 'n' Roller Coaster opened on July 30, 1999. I remember riding this the summer it opened while it was in soft openings. It was amazing then and is still amazing now! Being a child of the 80s, I love the Aerosmith tunes blaring in my ears even if some people say it's too dated now!
This attraction begins with guests watching Aerosmith in the sound booth room at G-Force Records. As they are finishing a recording session, lead singer Steven Tyler invites all the guests to their concert across town in Southern California. As you exit the sound room, you enter a back alley where you will catch your "super stretch limo." Once you are seated in the 24 seat "limo" you will experience a great thrill! The coaster will take off and reach speeds of 60 mph in 2.8 seconds while Aerosmith tunes such as Dude Looks Like a Lady, Walk This Way, Sweet Emotion, and Love in an Elevator are blasting in your ears. The inside coaster is in the dark with neon lights, street signs, and SoCal landmarks zooming by. On the ride you will experience twists, turns, corkscrews and 2 loops. This attraction was the first Disney attraction to turn guests upside down on US soil!
- Guests must be 48 inches tall to ride.
- FastPass is available so make your reservations!
- Child swap is available for parents to experience this ride without young children.
- If you chicken out prior to boarding, let a cast member know so you can exit.
- This attraction is very dark, very loud and very fast. If you don't like these things, don't ride.
- Pregnant women, guests with heart conditions and back or neck problems should not ride.
- Guests in ECVs must transfer to a wheelchair before entering the queue.
- Melissa from Rolling with the Magic shares the details of her experience riding Rock 'n' Roller Coaster from a wheelchair user's perspective.