When I first read the title, I was very excited! I'm always looking for new, creative ways to save money for a Disney vacation. I want to go more than my budget will allow! But, when I started reading her book, I was pleasantly surprised. This wasn't a book full of ways to save money. While it did offer several suggestions of ways to save money on a Disney vacation, it offered so much more!
A few of the ways to save for your Disney trip were using specific credit cards, saving lose change, shopping around for airfares, weighing the costs of staying on property and which park tickets to purchase. All of the information was excellent. Several things she mentioned, I had not even thought about before!
Some of the additional things to "save" in her book were:
- Save time in the parks. Complete with 12 secrets needed for successful Disney vacation planning.
- Save a table. She stresses the importance of Advanced Dining Reservations.
- Save the best seat in the house. This is all about getting the best seats for shows, parades and fireworks.
- Save your sanity by taking a rest. She shares ideas for taking breaks inside and outside the parks during your vacation.
- Save time for some romance. Since I have been on a "no kids allowed" Disney trip with my husband, I understand how awesome WDW can be when it comes to romance! She has great suggestions for keeping the romance alive in this place full of children!
- You'll have to read the book yourself to find out what else she Saves!
Some of the things I learned in this book were the additional entrance at Hollywood Studios and a new stroller rental company. I also loved the links she provided to her homemade autograph books!
This book is full of useful hints and tips for saving all kinds of things during your Disney vacation! She was very creative in using the word "Save" throughout the book. This was a very easy read and I would highly suggest this book for anyone planning their first trip to Walt Disney World. While veteran Disney travelers might not need all these tips- because they have probably figured them out over the years of visiting the parks- this is an excellent resource for new guests.