The legend behind this ride is a fun story! According to the Disney legend, this mountain is full of gold but a flood has kept the people of Tumbleweed from mining the remaining gold. Before the gold prospectors leave for dry land, they have a party at the saloon to celebrate the gold they have found. They don't seem to be too worried about being washed away in the flood though!
This 3 1/2 minute roller coaster will take you on twists and turns through the town of Tumbleweed. Guests will board a train and experience this mining town in an exciting way. While this is not the scariest roller coaster, it is a lot of fun. Some people even say it's too rough and it jostles them too much. I would say it's a pretty tame coaster and a good first roller coaster experience for children. Speeds reach about 25 mph. While riding, try to keep an eye out for the saloon where the prospectors are partying. Also be on the lookout for a billy goat, a family of possums, chickens, donkeys and miners!
In 2012, Disney added an interactive queue to this attraction. While I have not experienced this, I have read about it! Guests can turn cranks and push plungers to detonate explosions on the mountain. I know my son will LOVE this addition.
|the view of BTMR from the Walt Disney World Railroad|
- There is a 40" minimum height requirement and children younger than age 7 must ride with an adult. Rider swap is an option.
- Melissa from Disney on Wheels offers her experience riding as a wheelchair user. Guests in wheelchairs and ECVs must transfer from their chair to the train car.
- Secure ALL loose items- hats, glasses, cameras, etc. You don't want to lose these in the twists and turns.
- Ride after dark if you can! The night views are great and if you time it just right, you can see Wishes! while you ride.
- For a more tame ride, request a front seat. For a more thrilling ride, the back car is the best!