Welcome to the first stop aboard Magical Blogorail Red. Enjoy the ride as we discuss Disney Themed Christmas Parties.
I've always wanted to host a Disney Themed Christmas Party! But, working at a church and having a large family has always prohibited me from doing so. December is such a hectic time in our house, I don't think it would be possible to host a Mickey party the way I'd like. So, instead of having my own party, I'll just plan one here!
You can easily create an invitation with a basic digital scrapbook kit. If you can't do this on your own, search Etsy! If you are REALLY crafty, you can make your own invitations out of construction paper scrapbook pages. Search for Mickey Mouse Birthday invitations for ideas and simply add a Santa hat!
Some of these decoration ideas can be made ahead of time or made as a craft with the party guests. I would make these ahead of time since there are other ideas for party time crafts!
- You can order your own Mickey ornament wreath from Etsy or try to make it yourself!
- Hidden Mickey Snowflakes from Disney Family are perfect decorations for a Mickey Christmas Party!
- The Mint Mickey Garland, also from Disney Family, would make a fun table runner or strung on the mantle for a festive feel!
- The last idea from Disney Family is the Mickey String Ornaments. While these are more time consuming to create, having several of these hanging from doorways, garland or chandeliers would be adorable!
Food is always fun to create! There are so many wonderful Mickey Mouse Party Food ideas on the web these days. You can easily take those ideas and add a holiday/ Santa twist! Or you can try to create some of these on your own:
- Santa Mickey Rice Krispy Treat. I had this goodie on my last trip. You can easily cut out Mickey shapes with a cookie cutter, dip the ears in red candy melts and use white icing for the hat trim. Coat a marshmallow in white edible glitter for the ball and you're set!
- The Santa Hat Cookie Puzzle would be fun for all ages to "play" or eat! Disney Family has the template ready for you to download.
- To add a "healthy" touch to the party, make Mickey's Strawberry Santa Hats!
- If you would rather have your guests do the creating, consider setting up Cookie Decorating/ Sprinkle Station. Bake the cookies in the shape of Mickey ahead of time. Let the guests add icing, sprinkles, edible pearls and more!
Crafts are always fun at parties! You can make these Mickey and Minnie Felt Ornaments from Disney Family or make your own Mickey ornaments out of Christmas balls. Jackie from Delightfully Disney has a great tutorial for you! Or, you can hot glue 1 big ball and 2 small balls to create a "Hidden Mickey" ornament for the tree!
A Mickey Mouse Christmas party wouldn't be complete without viewing one of his many Christmas movies! Below are 4 Amazon Affiliate links for my favorite Mickey Christmas movies: Classic Holiday Stories, Mickey's Once Upon a Christmas, Mickey's Twice Upon a Christmas and Holiday Celebrations with Mickey and Pals.
Thank you for joining me today. Your next stop on the Magical Blogorail Loop is Rolling with the Magic.
Here is the map of our Magical Blogorail should you happen to have to make a stop along the way and want to reboard:
1st Stop ~ A Disney Mom's Thoughts - Mickey Mouse Christmas
2nd Stop ~ Rolling with the Magic - Muppet Christmas Carol Movie Night